309. 509. 3906

OUR TEAM & OUR HISTORY


St. Mary's Girls School & Chapel

An  Architectural Treasure With So Much Local History...

LEARN MORE

A Little Local History...

Built in 1881 and completed in 1888, St. Mary's Chapel was built to accompany St. Mary's School, a traditional all-girls charm school where they centered triangular teachings around Education, Church, and Home. Often attended by wealthier Chicagoan daughters "for higher learning," its most local historical highlight is that it is said to be the charm school of American President Gerald Ford's late mother, Dorothy Ayer Gardner Ford. This Nineteenth Century structure is vertical Gothic in design and is reminiscent of 13th Century Eastern Europe demonstrated in its bold and romantic features such as original hand-blown, imported stained glass, genuine over-head Tiffany chandelier lamps, hand carved stone cloister pillars, & an imported Marble, Alabaster & Caen Stone Altar. The architectural ceiling centerpiece was designed, engineered and assembled in Chicago, Illinois. It was then dissembled and brought to Knoxville to be installed into the Chapel as the masterpiece that we see today in its original grandeur. After a very colorful history, St. Mary's Chapel opened its doors for the last time in the late 1990's and has stayed vacant and fading for years

... until now.


 St. Mary's Chapel & Events is proud to present the 130 year old Chapel is Newly Restored & Reopened for Event Rental!

Check our Social Media for progress & updates!

FACEBOOOK  INSTAGRAM

"Class Day 1907 - at the Lower Cloister"


St. Mary's School​ for Girls

- EDUCATION FOR HIGHER LEARNING -


School Motto:

"Blessed are the Pure in Heart, for they shall see God."


School Colors:

Blue & White


DONATIONS

This is a privately funded project with an extensive amount of planning, research, and unforeseen expenses in restoration & maintenance costs. If you would like to make a contribution to this special project, please contact:

Elyse Quarterman by phone: 309.509.3906 or by

 email: [email protected]


Thank You

Our Team at St. Mary's Chapel & Events

MAJOR STRIDES HAVE BEEN MADE TO BRING THIS TIMELESS MONUMENT BACK TO LIFE AND BACK TO THE LOCAL COMMUNITY.

Keith & Erin Vaughn

Owners - Entrepreneurs

Purchased this architectural treasure in 2016 with extensive unforeseen rebuilding and reopening costs, but promised it would be reinvented and utilized in a new and beneficial way for the local community. Also local owners of The Knoxville Mercantile & The Kande Shop, they largely involved in the surrounding Knoxville Community. 

Elyse Quarterman

Director & Event Operations Manager

A Galesburg native obtaining her Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts; Double Majoring in Arts Management & Business, with 15+ years of customer service, and social butterfly tendencies. Elyse will be responsible for building this brand from the ground up as well as all Event Management, Direction & Coordination. 

[email protected]

309.509.3906